Serve: 4 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
This is a popular soup in Korea. It's commonly called HaeJangGuk = 'hung over soup' because its very soothing after drinking alcohol. This soup is extremely light on the stomach, and cleans all the alcohol toxins from the previous nights fever. It is cheap and healthy soup. ...
- 1.5 oz dried pollack (book eo),torn into strips*
- 1/3 medium radish, sliced-same size of pollack strips
- 2 green onions,chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups water
- Put a medium size pot on a low heat stove.
- Add pollack slices and radish slices, sesame oil, stir constantly for about a minute.
- Pour 6 cups water, turn the heat on to high.
- Add onions, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the fish releases the flavor and the soup gets milky.
- Add green onions, cook for another minute or so. Season with salt.
- Drizzle an egg, stir gently in one direction so the egg doesn't get lumpy. Turn the heat off .
- Serve with rice.