- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 chopped shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh herbs: parsley, thyme, basil, rosemary (if not fresh, dried will do)
- Clean mushroom with a damp cloth and remove stems, using the spoon gently scoop out the "gills" and discard. You can keep the stems and chop them up and cook them, if desired. Place mushrooms in a ziploc bag.
- In a measuring cup, combine marinade ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour the marinade in the ziploc bag and gently distribute it in and around the mushrooms. Lay flat for about 30 minutes to 6 hours. Flip the bag occasionally.
- With tongs, gently remove mushrooms and lay in a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick oil. Stem side-up.
- Roast in an oven of 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then flip and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Serve as is, entree or side dish, using any leftover marinade as a sauce or slice into strips.