To make 30 tofu-tuna pancakes, about 8 side-dish portions
- 1/2 block (14 oz.) extra-firm or firm tofu, crushed and squeezed of excess liquid.
- 2 cans (7 oz. each) tuna, no added salt or low sodium in water.
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, peeled & small diced.
- 8 -10 Perilla Leaf, thinly sliced & chopped
- 1/2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 sweet pepper (any color), finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 - 1t salt and a pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- Dipping sauce: soy sauce : lemon juice = 1:1
- Rinse tofu in cold water. Wrap tofu in paper towel and squeeze out excess water as much as you can.
- Strain out the liquid from cans of tuna.
- Add tofu, tuna, chopped onion, carrots, Perilla Leaf, green onions, sweet pepper, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine with a fork to a crumbly mix.
- Shape the mixture into small flat patties, about the size of silver dollar.
- Heat up a saute pan to medium heat.
- Coat the patties in flour and then dip into 2 beaten egg.
- Carefully place patties in heated pan, spooning a small amount of egg mixture onto each patty.
- Turn heat to medium-low and try to turn them only once.
- Serve hot or warm with dipping sauce of soysauce and lemon juice.