Let the kids help to make these easy, frozen treats, flavored with summer's sweetest fruits.
Popsicles are a great hot-weather treat, but the ones from the grocery store have a lot of sugar, artificial flavors and artificial colors. It’s just as easy to make your own from whatever seasonal fresh fruit you have on hand, and you control the sugar content.
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen berries and sliced bananas, mixed
- 2 cups of Thick Plain Greek Yogurt (yogurt with probiotics makes them even better for you)
- 1tsp of vanilla or juice from 1/2 lime (optional flavor)
- 1/4 cup of sugar or your favorite natural sweetener to taste such as 3-4 tablespoons of honey or Agave...
- Popsicle mold
- Place the mixed berries, sliced bananas, yogurt into a blender. Cover, and blend until fruit is chunky or smooth, as desired.
- Pour fruit mixture into 8 3oz. popsicle molds and pop in the sticks and freeze until solid (about 5 to 6 hours).
No berries on hand? No worries. Try watermelon or more of your other favorite fruits
No "formed" Popsicle molds. Try small paper cups with wooden popsicle sticks or plastic spoons. If you are using cups, cover each cups with a piece of foil. Cut a small slit in the middle and poke the stick through.