Serve: 4 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 60 minutes
- 3cups of water soaked short grain rice (4 servings)
- 12 - 16 oz of washed & end trimmed bean sprouts
- 6 oz rib eye beef, diced
- 3 shitake, stemmed & diced
- 1 Tbsp Sake (Japanese wine)
- 2 2/3 cup water
- Beef Seasoning: 11/2 Tbsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of minced garlic, ground pepper, 1/2 tsp sesame seed oil, 1/2 tsp sesame seed, 1 green onion, chopped.
- Rice Seasoning: 3 Tbs of soy sauce, 1 Tbs of chopped green onion, 1 red pepper, chopped, 1 chili pepper, chopped, 1 Tbs of whole sesame seeds, 2 Tbs of sesame seed oil, 1/2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Wash rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make beef seasoning; marinate beef & mushrooms
- Preheat the oven at 500 F degrees.
- Place marinated meat on the bottom of the 9x13 pyrex baking dish and put bean sprouts and rice over it. Pour Sake & water then, cover with foil tightly and cook 40 minutes..
- Reduce the heat to 400 F degrees and mix all ingredients, then cook the rice 20 more minutes. Mean time, make rice seasoning.
- Remove rice mixture from the oven; do not open the foil about 10 minutes or more. Then open the foil and mix well.
- Serve rice and rice seasoning separately.
- Put spoonfuls of the sauce onto the kong namul bab and mix.
- Serve with kimchee. Yum!
you can cook in the pot or electric rice cooker. When you use electric rice cooker, you need to put the rice, water, then seasoned beef & mushrooms, bean sprouts. And cover and cook.It takes less than 30 minutes and much easier than baking the rice. That's the another way to cook.