Serve: 4 Prep: 5 mins Marinade: 30 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 to 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced green onion, green part only (optional)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Combine snapper fillets and soy sauce in Ziploc; turn to coat all sides. Let stand 30 minutes
- Combine flour, salt & pepper on shallow plate. Remove fish from soy sauce; coat with flour mixture
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet. Place fish and cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove fish from skillet and keep warm.
- While fish is cooking, stir orange juice into cornstarch in small bowl; mix well.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic & jalapeno pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture, plum sauce, rice wine and chili garlic sauce; cook and stir a couple minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange fish on plates and top with sauce; garnish with green onion, lemon.