Serve: 8 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 3 hrs
- 3 to 4 lbs beef chuck pot roast
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried turmeric
- 1/2 tsp each salt & lemon pepper
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into chuck
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, cut into chuck
- 1 small leek, washed, cut into chuck
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp cold water
- 4 oz can - pieces & stems mushrooms
- Combine seasoning ingredients (water, red wine, garlic, salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, turmetic) in the 1 gallon Ziploc bag.
- Piece meat with folk several times; put into Ziploc bag and add seasoning mixture and keep in the refrigerator about 15 minutes.
- Remove meat from marinade. Discard excess marinade.
- Heat butter in stockpot medium heat until hot; quickly brown meat on all side.
- Add 3/4 cup water or beef broth. bring to a boil. reduce heat;cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add vegetables; simmer, covered 30-40 minutes or until meat & vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast & vegetables. Skim fat
- Add mushrooms and stir in cornstarch mixture (make about 2 cups of gravy). cook and stir 1-2 minutes until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve pot roast. Serve on the rice with vegetables and mushroom sauce.