Tofu with a hot spicy chili and garlic sauce to be served over rice.
You can make it as hot as you like!
Serve:4 Prep: 10mins Cook: 15 mins
- 4-6 oz firm tofu
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 Asian eggplants, quartered, cut into chuck
- 2 green onion, (white part-chopped, green part-sliced)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Combine pork, chopped green onion, garlic, ginger and sesame oil in small bowl.
- Drain tofu on paper towels, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth in small bowl; set aside.
- Trim off cap and stem end from eggplants; cut lengthwise into quarters, then cut into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Heat peanut oil in skillet or wok over high heat. Add eggplant;stir-fry 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add tofu; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes. Remove eggplant and tofu from wok; set aside.
- Add pork mixture to wok; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until browned. Add soy sauce, chili sauce & sugar; cook and stir until heated through.
- Return eggplant and tofu to wok. Stir in cornstarch mixture until sauce thicken
- Garnish with green onion. Serve with hot white rice