Serve 4-6 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
This is a very simple recipe for making udon noddles, most of the time I cook udon noddles in soup, but this time decided to make a stir fry with it. I love the slightly chewy texture of udon. So yummie! By the time that I mixed all the ingredients together I had lots of noddles, which was great…could pack for lunch next day.
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 pack of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper , sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper , sliced
- 1/2 of a medium onion , sliced
- 1/2 of a small carrot , sliced
- 3 individual packages of frozen udon noddles
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1 package (12 oz- 14 oz) fresh or frozen seafood mix
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed
- 1/8 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp rice wine (Mirin)
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp TOBAN DJAN (Chinese Chili Bean sauce)
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine (Mirin)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp Korean corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp Korea red pepper flakes
- Put the frozen seafood mix to cold water and rince, drain the water, then mix them with 2 Tbsp Mirin. Marinade for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients except for the red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetables - veggies should be cut the same size though for even cooking. As for what kind of vegetables, it is whatever you have. Staples in my refrigerator are broccoli, carrots, cabbage, red and green pepper and these can all go in the stir fry. Cauliflower is very good in stir fry, go ahead and use it.
- Blanch udon noodles in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. Drain well and immediately rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan or wok on medium fire. Add in garlic, cabbage, onions, carrots, and cook for about 5 minutes so that they just begin to get soft, then add in seafood, bell peppers, mushrooms and stir-fry for another minute. Finally, add in the seasoning sauce, red pepper flakes, udong and stir-fry for 30 seconds or more. Cook quickly to ensure the vegetables keep their fresh color and are tender crisp.
- Add green onions, sesame seeds, white pepper powder, and mix, serve.