Serves 4 to 6 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 60 minutes
3 lbs Chicken wings, separated into wings and drummettes, tips discarded.
2-3 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teasoons ginger powder
dash of Kosher salt, and ground black pepper
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Ketchup
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons red pepper paste (고주장)
2 tablespoons sake
2 tablespoons gochugaru (Korean hot-pepper powder)
1 or 2 tablespoons Tobacco sauce or Sambal Oelek chili and garlic sauce, or Habanero sauce (optional- depending on how spicy you like)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoons minced ginger
1 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoons roasted sesame seed
Chopped scallions for sprinkling
- Wash chicken wings in cold water and pat dry. Rub marinade all over chicken massaging them well. Set aside and allow chicken wings to rest with marinade at least 30 minutes,
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray so the wings wont stick. Place wings on the foil making sure they don’t touch or overlap. Bake for 20 minutes, flip the chicken wings and bake for approximately 10 more minutes until the chick is crispy and cooked through.
- While wings are baking, put all sauce ingredients into a small pot, stir and bring to a boil on high heat until thickened. Make sure not to cook it down too much because the sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Remove wings from oven, brush sauce onto each wing, coating fully. Return wings to the oven, cooking for an additional 15 minutes, until sauce begins to caramelize. Remove wings from heat, and spread one more layer of sauce. Return wings to the oven, and allow them to cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish wings with sesame seeds and sliced fresh green onions.