- Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 beef steaks (about 1 inch thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pierce both sides of steaks several times with a fork. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup marinade to another bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Warm reserved marinade; serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Ribeyes in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p39