Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 bag of Japanese shishito ( I used 2 bags of the peppers from Trader Joe)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seed oil
- 1 to 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse peppers and pat dry.
- In a resealable plastic bag, mix together the peppers, sesame seed oil, olive oil, and salt, pepper.
- Spread in a single layer in a non-stick baking dish, or aluminum foil / parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the peppers about 10 minutes, turn it over, then cook 5 minutes or more until the peppers are browned or caramelized on edges and tender.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature.