Serve 12 mini pizza, prep: 20 minutes cook: 20 minutes
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Nonstick olive oil spray and 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 oz.) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 oz. mushrooms, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 can (14.5 oz) of fire-roasted tomato, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped basil (or 1/2 tsp dried basil)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped parsley (or 1/2 tsp dried parsley)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage (or chicken cubes)
- 12 pieces mini- turkey pepperoni (optional)
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a standard 12-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll out the pizza dough to a thin large rectangle or round, about 1/8-inch thick. Using a 3 inch diameter round cutter, cut out 12 rounds for pizza crusts.
- Place each crust on greased mini muffin cup. Press and pull the dough up the sides of the muffin cup. Brush edges of pizza dough rounds with olive oil. Pop these cups into oven and bake for 8 minutes, once baked, take tins out of oven.
- While your crusts is baking, place the meat and carrot in a skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook until the meat is browned and carrots are a little soft, then add in garlic, onions, mushrooms and continue to saute about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 can of drained fire-roasted tomatoes and parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, continue to stir. Bring sauce to light boil, then remove from heat.
- Put 1 slice of pepperoni, then spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling into each pre-baked pizza crusts, sprinkle each with spinach and cheese.
- Place it in the oven for another 5 minutes until the crusts are golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Let stand 1 minute. Then use a small knife to loosen the pizzas. Arrange on a platter and serve.