Serve 2 Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 whole chicken (3 lbs), halved
- 2 Tbsps. white vinegar
- 2 tsps. salt
- 2 tsps. dried Mexican oregano, crumbled
- a pinch of black pepper
- 12 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. mild chili peppers finely minced ( anaheim peppers )
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 12 - 16 drops yellow food coloring
- Wash chicken parts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Marinate chicken in zip-lock bag several hours to overnight.
- Prepare the indirect grill to reach the moderate temperature from 275 to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, remove the extra liquid from chicken.
- Grill over indirect heat, keep the grill covered, leave the top and bottom vents opened; make sure that the top vent locates over the chicken; cook chicken based on chicken's internal temperature to reach around 165 degrees about 40 minutes.
- After it reaches internal temperature, quickly drags the chicken over the direct heat to give crispy skin just a little more about a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and let it rest before cutting.
- Cut chicken halves into pieces, then serve with tortillas, rice and corn.