Makes 4 servings if served with steak
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a frying pan and add the mushrooms and onions; let them cook slowly, over medium heat, until the mushrooms are getting a little brown and the onions are nice and soft, about 20 minutes.
- While there's still some moisture left from the mushrooms, add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.
- The mixture will thicken and it's ready to serve.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with grilled steak and use leftovers for omelets.