I made hummus with cauliflower instead of chickpeas. I have to say, this is perfect with veggies. Also I use this hummus as a dip for chicken nuggets. It is one of my favorite healthy snacks.
Makes 2 cups
- 1 lb cauliflower florets (about 1 large head of cauliflower)
- 4 to 8 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tahini, stir well
- The juice of one medium lemon
- ¼ cup (or so) of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 – 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon of dried parsley)
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt to taste; about 1 teaspoon
- Garnish with parsley, powdered sumac (or smoked paprika) and olive oil
- Bring about 1/2" water to boil in a large covered pot with a steamer basket installed. Once it's boiling, arrange florets in a single layer, stems pointed down to take the heat more directly. Cover and let steam until a knife can be easily inserted into the thickest stem. Lift from water and let drain and cool for a minute or two.
- While that is cooling take down your food processor and add olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, fresh parsley, paprika, add cauliflower and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, olive oil as needed.
- Spread the hummus in a platter in swirly patterns. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sumac (or paprika) and serve.