Quinoa males a great alternative to rice. This quick dish was put together in minutes using leftover quinoa made earlier in the week. Quinoa expands to double it's size when cooking, leftovers can refrigerated to use throughout the week.
Serve 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups fully cooked, chilled quinoa
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or any cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped vegetable ( zucchini, onion, carrot, etc.)
- 1/4 cup frozen pea
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 tsp soy sauce (add more to your taste)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper powder
- a couple drops of fish sauce (optional)
- In wok or large saute pan over high heat, swirl in the oil until hot but not smoking. Add in garlic, ginger, chopped vegetables, green onions and cook for 2 minutes until it is fully cooked.
- Push the vegetables toward to the edge of wok, then pour eggs in the middle of the pan and scramble until the eggs are just set.
- Add in quinoa, diced ham and the frozen peas, soy sauce, pepper and stir fry until heated through and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Taste and add in additional soy sauce or fish sauce if needed then serve.