Leftovers make it easy to put together a quick and tasty meal. Especially after preparing weekend family dinner, I had a lots of seafood leftovers. With some creativity, I made a new and great seafood chowder!
Serve 8 Prep 30 minutes Cook 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, diced
- 2 thick sliced bacon, diced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups seafood stock or chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs of seafood, fresh or canned in juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bacon and celery and saute until softened, mixing often.
- Stir in the flour to distribute evenly. Add the stock, juice from cans of seafood, cream, bay leaves, and potatoes ; stir to combine.
- Bring to simmer, stirring consistently - the mixture will thicken, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes, stirring often, until the potatoes are nice and tender.
- Remove bay leaves from the pot and discard, then add the seafood and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook until seafood is just firm or heated for around another 2 minutes.
- Serve and eat with fresh crusty bread.