Get your bacon fix (guilt-free!) with this remake of a lunchtime classic.
Serving: 4 Prep: 10 min Cook: 3 min
- 4 split-top whole-wheat hot dog buns or sandwich breads
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 medium red tomatoes, diced
- 1 Haas avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits, such as Hormel or turkey bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a toaster oven, toast both sides of buns.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and red wine vinegar with a whisk. Fold in lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and bacon. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture among the buns: serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per roll: 245 calories, 13g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 10g fat (2g saturated), 5g fiber