Serve 6 to 7
- 2 cups Water
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Red Pepper Powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Pinches Ginger Powder
- 1/2 Daikon radish, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick, then cut in 1/2
- 1 fresh whole Cod (about 3 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp Sake
- 1 Tbsp Corn Syrup (Plum Extract:maesilchung or yoridang)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- pinch of toasted sesame seed
- Prepare the sauce - Boil the water in the saute pan, add soysauce, ginger, garlic and radish, red pepper powder; boil and reduce heat to medium-low, then cook about 20 minutes.
- In mean time, cut fish into 1 1/2 inch thick and remove the fins with scissors. Cut jalapeno, red pepper and green onions and set a side until the sauce is ready.
- Add fish, Sake, Corn syrup (Maesilchung)on top of the sauce mixture. Cook it for about 10 minutes on high-medium. The sauce will start to thicken.
- After 10 minutes, the sauce will be reduced in half. Be careful not to burn it, so keep an eye on it. Also pour the sauce with spoon on the top of the fish so that the fish may absorb the sauce evenly.
- Add 2 chopped green onions, jalapeno and cook for 5 more minutes on high. When it is done, the liquid will be like a thick sauce. This looks absolutely delicious.