Black bean is a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber, black beans' high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, Black Beans Give You Energy to Burn While Stabilizing Blood Sugar. In addition, they are a very good source of dietary fiber and folate.
- 2 cups black soy beans, washed
- 3 ~ 4 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp Corn-syrup
- 2 Tbsp Maesil Extract
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- In a pan add the black beans and presoaked water & add salt. (add more water if needed).
Boil them on high for about 20 to 25 minutes – until the water is reduce in half.
- Add soy sauces and reduce the temperature to medium high, then cook them for 10-20 minutes until the sauce is reduce in half. Then add 4 Tbsp of corn syrup and 3-4 Tbsp of sugar depending on your taste. You can skip the corn syrup and use sugar or honey instead. Add sesame seed oil.
- Cook them for 20 to 25 minutes – until the liquid is almost gone. Watch carefully not to burn them.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of sesame seeds in them, and cook them 5 more minutes on low. Turn off the heat.