Korean steamed eggs are similar to quiche, but without a crust, and these eggs are amazingly light and fluffy. Not only does this steamed egg recipe go well with just about anything, it's healthier than most egg recipes that call for frying or baking. Whenever possible, you want to steam and boil foods that require cooking, as low temperature cooking minimizes the production of harmful compounds like heterocyclic amines.
serve 4, Prep 10 minutes, Cook 25 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced carrots
- 2 Tbsp minced green onions
- Break the eggs, whisk until the well,then sieve them; then add water, fish sauce; mix them well.
- Pour the egg mixture into heat safe bowl (up to 80% of the bowl) and cover them with foil.
When the water starts to boil from the steamer, add the bowl into the steamer.
Cook the eggs at the medium heat about half way 10 ` 15 mins)
Change to the low heat, add minced carrots, minced green onions and cover; then cook 10 more mins.
- When the eggs are ready, you should be able to poke a chopstick right through to the bottom and come out with a clean chopstick.
* Add any fresh vegetables, herbs that your taste buds are calling out for
* This quick and easy steamed egg dish (gaeran jim) can be made in the microwave. If using microwave, mix eggs, water, chopped vegetables, fish sauce: mix well; then cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and cook for 4 minutes or more.