My husband loves the steak & egg burritos from Jack in the Box. I try to copy theirs. This recipe will make a large batch of the burrito fixins that you can freeze, or store in the refrigerator so that you can make great breakfast burritos whenever you please.
Serve: 12 Cook: 40 mins.
3-4 top sirloin steaks
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chunky salsa
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp. garlic salt
1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 cups Mexican cheese blend
15 eggs or 32 oz. egg substitute
1/2 box of frozen hash brown patties (5 patties)
12 large flour tortillas
1 can of diced tomaoes & green chiles
a pinch of chilpotle salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine olive oil, salsa, cumin, garlic salt, and cilantro.
- Place steaks in a shallow baking dish. Pour mixture over steaks.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Cover it loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap tortillas in foil (about 4 in a batch) and heat in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mean time, pan fry hash browns on medium heat, 5 minutes per side. Let it cool; cut into strips; set a side.
- While the steak is resting, cook the eggs. Pour desired amount of eggs into non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir gently until eggs are set and slightly moist. Set a side.
- In a small bowl, mix diced tomatoes and a pinch of chilpotle salsa.
- To serve, divide eggs evenly among the tortillas. Add steaks & hash browns. Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tsp. salsa and roll up.
- Serve with tomato Salsa and sour cream.