A perfect way to start the day! And who would have thought that a bowl of oatmeal could provide over half of the daily value for those hard-to-find omega-3 fatty acids as well as 109% of the daily value for manganese. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups water
- dash salt
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 TBS flaxseeds
- 1 TBS blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk alternative
- Combine the water and salt in a small saucepan and turn the heat to high.
- When the water boils, turn the heat to low, add oatmeal, and cook, stirring, until the water is just absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, cranberries, walnuts, and flaxseeds. Stir, cover the pan, and turn off heat.
- Let set for 5 minutes.
- Serve with milk and molasses.