Serve: 4 Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (wear gloves please!)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 cup plain yogurt plus 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise, or 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup sour cream plus 1/4 cup mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 pound shredded white cabbage (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 pound shredded red cabbage (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Make the Chipotle Slaw by combining the chipotle pepper, mayonnaise, honey and lime juice in a large mixing bowl. *If you are using the plain yogurt, put the yogurt into a strainer lined with apaper towel and place over a bowl to drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
- Stir well, then add the shredded cabbage, red onions, green onions and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and refrigerate until ready to eat.