Serve: 4 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs large shrimp (20 to 25 per pound)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta, preferably whole wheat
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, then add the shrimp and cook, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the white wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and basil, and season the sauce with salt & pepper. Return the shrimp to the pan and cook just until heated through.
- Serve with orzo.