Serve:4 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound Green beans, washed and trimed.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 scallions (spring onions, green onions), white parts only
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pepper to taste, optional
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- Wash the longbeans, drain thoroughly, and trim the tops and bottoms.
- Cut the longbeans on the diagonal into slices approximately 2 inches long.
- Chop the garlic, ginger and white part of the scallions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and stir-fry until they start to shrivel or "pucker" and turn brown (5 - 7 minutes).
- Remove the green beans and drain in a colander or on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the chili sauce and stir-fry for a few more seconds until aromatic.
- Add the green beans and the remaining ingredients. Mix together and serve with steamed rice.
Szechuan Green Bean @ Group Recipes