Serve: 8 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 4 hrs
- 5 lbs pork butt roast or shoulder roast.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper or chipotle Chile powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- Rub garlic, seasoning salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste onto roast.
- Place roast in a large Dutch oven and fill half way with water add onion. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce heat simmer and let cook until meat falls off the bone. This should take at least 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the roast.
- Remove the meat from heat and allow it to cool; then shred the meat using 2 forks, then put it into a baking dish.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the meat and 1/2 cup broth from pot to keep it nice & juicy.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, cover the baking dish with foil then bake it about 30 minutes.
- Serve it on buns with sliced red onions.
Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich @ Group Recipes