Serve 12 Prep: 20 mins
- 1 small iceburg lettuce (or romaine lettuce), washed and cored
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 large english cucumber, halve into lenthwise, seeded and thinly sliced.
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Sliced lettuce leaves crosswise into 1/2 inch stripe.
- Place half of lettuce in large serving bowl.
- Layer salsa, beans, corn over lettuce.
- Place cucumber on top of corn; sprinkle with olive. Top with remaining lettuce.
- Grate lemon peel; blend with mayonnaise, yogury and garlic. Juice lemon; stir 3~4 tablespoons juice into dressing.
- Spread dressing evenly on top of salad.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion, Garnish with diced toamtoes.
- Cover salad and refregerate 2 hours or up to 1 day.
Layered Mexican Salad @ Group Recipes