Serve 8 Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10minutes
- 2 lbs petites carrots, tops removed but with a little green left attached
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon Juice
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp, fresh thyme
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch or chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Set up a bowl of ice water
- Blanch the carrots in the boiling water for 5-6 minutes ( cooked but still have some crunch). Plunge them immediately into ice water.
- When cook, dry carrots with pepper towel.
- To a large skillet add the butter, sugar or honey, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, thyme, cayenne and about 1/2 cup of water. Bring the pan to medium heat swirling occasionally.
- When most of liquid has reduced and the mixture seems homogeneous, and add the carrots. the carrots should form a single layer in the pan.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the carrots are completely coated through, shiny and delicious.
- Garnish with chopped parsley
Glazed Petites Carrots @ Group Recipes