Serve: 4 Prep: 10 minutes Cook 10 minutes
- 2 Cod fillets, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick medallions.
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 1/2 Tbsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup icy water
- 4 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pat dry fish and place in a dish, and add the wine, pepper and salt. Mix lightly, and let marinate for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together scallions, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar ginger and sesame oil, set aside.
- Make the batter; in a medium bowl, add flour and cornstarch, salt and stir lightly; then add the icy water and stir to make a smooth batter. Avoid over-mixing.
- Heat the oil in a preheated wok or frying pan. Lower the heat slightly.
- Dip fish pieces into the batter to coat slightly; then fry, not more than three at a time, for 1-2 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.