Serve: 12 Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sliced Fruits
- Light whipped topping
- Zest of 1 large lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375f degree; line muffin cups with paper liners
- In a large bowl, beaten butter and sugar till light and fluffy using electric mixer. add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Divide evenly among pans and bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, using a small knife, cut a shallow dip in the top of each cupcake.
- Top with fruit and whipped topping.