Serve: 4 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
I used the hot salsa for the sauce and it was too spicy for my son-in-law. So I served the pork chop with chunky mango chutney instead of spicy-sweet salsa mixture. He absolutely loved it!
- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 4 pork chops, bone-in, 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning pork chop
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1 1/2 Tbsp seedless raspberry preserves
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Season pork chop with salt & pepper on both sides, set aside.
- On a shallow bowl beat eggs, water, cayenne pepper, & 1/2 tsp black pepper. In a ziplock bag mix flour and cornstarch ( 2:1 ratio)
- Preheat the oil to 360 degree in the deep frying pan.
- Coat pork chops in egg mixture one by one, transfer to a plastic bag, shake until coated.
- Fry pork chops until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Add salsa and preserves to pan; increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook 30 seconds or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve pork chop with salsa mixture(about 1 Tbsp), and sprinkle with cilantro (1 1/2 tsp).