A refreshing mint, almond, and Parmesan topper is a tantalizing flavor for these plump, tender sea scallops.
I served some scallops with mint pesto, and some of them with creamy roasted red pepper sauce. My husband tasted both of them, and his favorite one was a scallops with creamy roasted red pepper sauce. Which one do you like better? let me know!
Serve: 2 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh mint
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 6 sea scallops ( 8-10 oz. total)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh watercress or spinach
- In a food processor, combine mint, parsley, almonds, Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp water, lemon juice, garlic, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- Cover and process until nearly smooth. Set aside.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with pepper towels.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Serve scallops and pesto over watercress.