Serve: 10 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
- 16 cup water
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 2-3 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 lb. cooked smoked sausage, cut in 1 1/2 chunks.
- 2 lb tiny new potatoes, halved if large
- 10 small onions, peeled (pearl onions)
- 5 fresh ears corn, shucked and halved.
- 2 lb. fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (optional)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh herbs, such as thyme, oregano
- Cocktail sauce (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a large pot, combine water, Ol Bay seasoning, and ground pepper.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Once water is boiling, carefully add sausage, potaotes, onions, corn.
- Return to boiling, then reduce heat and cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Add shrimp, cover and cook 2-3 mins more until shrimp turn to pink color.
remove from heat, then let stand for 5 mins.
- Cafefully drain in a large colander.
- Combine melted butter and herbs over the shrimp and vegitables, then gently toss them.
- Serve with cocktail sauce and hot pepper sauce