Serve: 4 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 40 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked Jasmin rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ham steak (cut into cubes:pea size)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped shiitake mushroom
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil (or peanut oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cook your rice (I use a rice cooker). You want it a bit on the crucnhy side, so even though you might want to add more water, DON'T.
- Let your rice cool completely (I spread it out on a baking sheet and put it in the freezer if I'm in a hurry). You can even cook your rice the night before and let cool in the fridge.
- In wok or heavy large sauté pan over moderately high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add half of scallions (reserve remainder for garnish) about 1-2 minutes..
- Add eggs and rice and stir-fry until eggs are just set, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, peas, ham, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper and stir-fry until heated through and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining scallions and serve.