Serve:4 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs boneless loin of pork
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped *Hard to get lemongrass at the local grocery store. Make sure, remove the tough, fibrous outer layers from lemongrass before chopping. Use only the pale bottom part of the stalk. OR you can purchase the Lemon Grass Herb Blend in Tube from super Market.
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 1/2 - 2Tbsp Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- a pinch of salt & pepper
- fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 4 cups of steamed rice, to serve (or rice noodle)
- Trim any excess fat from the pork. Cut the meat across into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- Put the pork into a bowl with the lemongrass, green onion, salt and crushed peppercorns. Mix well, then cover and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a deep pan or wok until hot, add the oil and swirl it around.
- Add the pork mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the Chili Garlic Sauce, garlic and stir-fry for another 5-8 minutes over medium heat, until the pork no longer looks pink.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce and chopped peanuts and toss to mix.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve on a bed of rice or rice noodles.