This is jjukkumi, a kind of octopus, but a smaller kind. Baby octopus is cooked many ways, but mostly with host pepper sauce and it’s made to be really spicy hot and chewy at the same time. Great taste, and allegedly very good for health.
Serve: 4 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 package (16 oz) baby octopus
- 1/2 medium onions, wedged
- 1 zucchini, wedged
- 1 red bell pepper, wedged
- 1 package mushroom, washed
- 3 Green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengh
- SEASONING SAUCE:
- 2 Tbsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp red pepper paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mined garlic
- 1 tsp Mirin ( sweet rice wine) or Sake
- Clean octopus. Sprinkle octopus with salt and rub on for about a minute. Rinse in cold water. Drain. Repeat. Pat dry with paper towels. Check the size of octopus. cut them in half if it is necessary.
- Soak 12 (6"long) wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Mix all seasoning ingredients and coat octopus generously with seasoning. set a side.
- On the skewers, thread octopus with vegetables alternately.
- Brush with remaining sauce over the skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat, moving around grill so octopus cooks evenly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve 3 skewers on white steamed rice each.