Serve: 4 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 small sized Asian eggplant - shiny texture
- 1½ tbs soy sauce
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1½ minced garlic
- ½ tbs of roasted sesame seeds
- ½ tbs of sesame oil
- ½ tbs of hot pepper flakes
- Remove the stem from eggplants and slice each eggplants lengthwise in quarters.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a steamer, and place the pieces of eggplant inside. Bring to a boil for 7-8 minutes over high heat.
- Turn the heat off and transfer eggplants to colander and cool.
- After the eggplant has cooled, tear each piece of eggplant lengthwise into thin, bite-size strips with your fingers, and put the strips into a bowl.
- Gently squeeze excess liquid out from the eggplant.
- Add these seasonings to the bowl: Mix it all together gently with your hand.
- Serve with rice as a side dish.