Char Siu Pork - Sweet oven roasted Chinese pork used for many soup garnishes as well as savory side dish for your Chinese Cuisine
Serve: 8 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 60 minutes
- 3.5 lbs pork loin or pork shoulder ( not more than 3 inches at the thickest part)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp Mirin (Sweet Rice Wine)
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Mango / Pear chutney
- 1/3 cup Orange Sauce Glaze with Ginger
- Mix all seasoning ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour over the marinade to meat and cover the container; keep overnight in the fridge; turning the meat occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree
- Line baking sheet inside of non-stick baking dish
- Transfer meat to the baking dish and discard the remained sauce; cook 50 to 60 minutes.
- Take the pork from the oven and brush with orange Sauce Glaze with Ginger (* You can use any kind of glaze; honey, teriyaki...)
- Cool & slice into 1/2 inch thick before serving.
- Serve pork with Mango chutney or Pear chutney, and garnish with cilantro.
If you don't have chutney, you can use salsa mixture instead of.
- 2/3 cup of bottled salsa
- 2 Tbsp seedless raspberry presrves
- Add salsa & preserves to pan, increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook 30 seconds or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve pork with salsa mixture, and sprinkle with cilantro.