|From Umma Yori|
Serve 10, prepare: 5 mins. Cook: 10 mins.
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 cup (or 1/2 cup more) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- Finely grated zest from 1 orange
- Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop open, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Skim foam off the surface with a metal spoon and discard. Cool to room temperature. refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 months.