|From Umma Yori|
- 1 lb. mussels
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Masago (Japanese fish egg)
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice of
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Scrub the mussels under running water to remove the beards and barnacles. Discard any open mussels.
- Cook the mussels in the stock for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the mussels, discarding the stock and any mussels that are closed.
- Break the empty half of the shell from each mussel and discard.
- Remove the cooked mussel from the shell and chopped, then mix together the masago, lemon and mayonnaise. Spoon onto the shell and cook under a medium-hot broiler for 3 to 4 minutes.