|From Umma Yori|
- 4 cups bread cubes from old bread (but make sure they aren't moldy) / the ends and the crust that you didn't like
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over the bread cubes and toss to distribute the butter evenly.
- Place the bread cubes on a shallow baking tray and bunk it in the oven for about 20 minutes or till bread chunks are fully dehydrated and crunchy, stirring every 5 minutes for even toasting. The colour should be light golden brown.
- Allow the croutons to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container. Freeze them for longer storage.
For Italian Croutons
Mix 2 tablespoons melted butter 2 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 1/4 teaspoon dried basil 1 pinch salt, then pour over the bread cubes and toss, bake them.
For Parmesan Croutons
Mix 4 olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp dried pasley flakes, 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt & pepper, then pour over the bread cubes..