- 2 Medium potatoes, peeled cubed
- 15-20 Putkochu
- 1 cup of myulchi (dried anchovy)-Medium size
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar * optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed
- Remove the head & intestine from the anchovys.
- Stir fry in the pan without oil-make them crisply
- Remove the anchovy, heat the pan and add 1-2 TBS olive oil and pour the potato into the pan, sauté it until the potato look a little translucent.
- In the sauce pan, add water, soy sauce, minced garlic and simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add cooking syrup ( and sugar *)and simmer the sauce again until it gets sticky about 5 minutes. (Tip: Keep checking and stirring not to burn it and to cook evenly, if it needs more water, add some).
- Add potatoes, anchovy and putkochu, then simmer until the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Remove from the heat, add sesame seed and sesame oil to taste