Prep:15m Cook:8m Servings:4
- 2 (7-oz.) foil pouches solid white tuna in water, flaked
- 1/2 cups finely, crushed whole wheat crackers (about 10 crakers).
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red & green bell pepper (optional).
- 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Dill pickle spears
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1-2 table spoon plain bread crumbs (optional)
- Stir together tuna, crushed whole wheat cracker.
- next 6 ingredients in a large bowl just until blended.If it looks waterly, add plain bread crumbs.
- Shape tuna mixture into 8 equal patties (about 1/3 cup each).
- Cook 4 patties in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and 4 patties.
- Place Tuna Cakes on top of Bibb lettuce leaves and tomato slices, lemon; serve with kepchup.