Serve:8 Prep: 15m Cook: 15m
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 2" lengths.
- 1 pack fresh mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion wedges
- 1 large zucchini wedges
- 1 green pepper wedges
- 1 orange pepper wedges
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 3-4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil or peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine sherry, soy sauce, oil, ginger, lemon zest and garlic.
- Sprinkl a little lemon juice over washed shrimp (48 large shrimps).
- Place shrimps in bowl and marinade with sauce and chill 30-40 minutes.
- Soak 16 (12"long) wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Fry the bacons half way, each side about 40-50 seconds.
- Cut the bacon 2" long, prepare 48 pieces of bacons.
- Remove shrimps from the bowl; discard liquid.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- On the skewers, thread shrimp with vegetables, bacon alternately.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat, turning frequently until shrimp are done (about 6-8 minutes)
- Serve 2 skewers on white seamed rice each.