- 2 qt beef stock
- 4 oz. cooked beef brisket, shredded
- 1 cup dried seaweed (* I purchased already washed and cut-ted seaweed)
- 3 tablespoons Guk kanjang (Korean soy sauce for the soup)
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil the beef stock in the medium pot. ( if you didn't prepared beef stock, boil the beef brisket with water together). Once boiling reduce the heat to low.
- Mean times, soak the dried brown seaweed in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain the water. (if you purchased regular dried miyeok, you need to rinse the seaweed a couple of times in running water, then drain the water. Cut the seaweed with scissors to little finger lengths).
- Season the beef and miyeok with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 table spoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, saute 5 minutes in the pan on medium heat.
- Add Miyeok and beef to the beef stock, then boil the soup again about 15 minutes on medium heat .
- Add Korean Soup Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, boil it for 5 more minutes then serve. (You can adjust the taste with some salt if it is needed, however I didn’t use it).