- 1 bag of Kong na-mul (Korean beansprouts)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Wash the bean sprouts in cold water, removing any empty husks. Place them in a pot and add 1/2 cups of cold water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Do not fill the pot.
- Cover, bring to a boil and cook about 5 minutes. (Do not lift the lid to check if the pot is boiling because an unpleasant, fishy odor will fill your kitchen.)
- Remove the pot from the heat, rinse the sprouts in cold water and drain.
- Combine the sprouts, green onions, garlic, sesame seeds, oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Serve warm or chilled.