Serve:8 Prep: 10m Cook: 2 hours
- 7-8 beef ribs, trimmed of fat, cut 2" long,
- 1 large brown onion, halved
- 1 Japanese leek (대파), cut in half.
- ½ medium radish,peeled. cut in half
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 oz. transparent noodles, boiled, rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Guk Ganjang (soy sauce for soup)
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- Green onions, sliced
- Japchae (cooked glass noodles)
- Put beef ribs in a cold water to draw out blood from the beef about 2-3 hour. (change the cold water 2 or 3 times)
- Add 10 cups water in a large stockpot and bring to boil; then place trimmed ribs in a pot and boil about 5 minutes in high heat.
- Remove beef ribs and rinse with cold water. Discard the water from pot.
- Add rinsed beef ribs, kepl, radish and 15 cups of cold water in the stockpot and boil: when it starts to boil, remove the kelp, then cover the lid and simmer about 1 hour.
- Remove the radish; then add onion, garlic, Japanese leek (대파) and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. Cut the radish in 4.
- Add Guk Ganjang (3T), Salt (1T), Rice wine (2T), then simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, cool and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, remove beef ribs, and any solidified fat and discard the onion, garlic, leek.
- Make a clear broth using the fine colander and return the ribs to the broth, reheat the broth.
- In a mean time, prepare the egg and Glass noodles.
- Before serving, add sliced eggs, noodles and sliced green onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.