Serve: 8 Prep: 60m cook: 80m
- 1-11/2 lbs beef top round (or shank or eye round)
- 2 qt water or less water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 jalepeno, cut in half in lengh, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (Mirin)
- Soak the beef in cold water for about 1 hour to get rid of the blood.
- Cut the meat into the big chunk size. (about 2 inch square)
- Place the meat in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the pot from the heat and drain water out and add cold water to cover the meat and return to heat, bring to boil.
- When it is boiling, skim off the froth. Add soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, ginger powder, Cover and simmer for 1 hour on medium heat until half the sauce disappears. (Stir often).-*when you simmer the meat in soy sauce, partialy open the cover so that the sauce gets thicker.
- Remove from the heat and cool it down for about 1 hour.
- Torn the beef to bite size. Serve on a dish as much as you are going to eat and keep the rest of it in the air tight container.
- Refrigerate the beef in the sauce. The fat will rise to the top and can then be removed.