Whenever the whole chicken is on sale,
get them and roasted and shred them,
then store in the freeze.
I use them for chicken salad,
enchilada, asian-style chicken wrap, etc...
- 3-5 lbs whole checken
- 2 table spoon room-temperature butter
- 2 table spoon chicken seasoning powder
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- tie chicken legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Mix the butter and seasoning together
- Rub chicken all over with the mixture of butter
- Roast until an temperature reaches to 160 degree about 45-50 mins.